Thursday 25 July 2013

Climbing/Longboarding/Training

Well its been another beautiful week here in the Peak District. After 2 weeks working I got stuck into some training which has been going really well lately and managed a few new ticks outdoors. Recently I have been training a lot with Dave Mason which I think has helped me loads with my climbing as we are always pushing one another on through each session as well as climbing outdoors in between. Anyway first up was 'The Dark Room 8A. This is a rather unusual problem in a place called Odin's cave up above Castleton. On first arrival the cave and problem looked terrible and was feeling pretty de-psyched, but after a few hours spent working out the moves we both eventually found a way through the slopey dank roof but didnt have enough in the tank to finish the problem off that day. We ended the day with an excellent weight belt session at the foundry. A few days later it was back to The Dark Room, after warming up on the moves Dave and myself sent it quickly and actually really enjoyed the climb from start to finish.

The Dark Room 8A (Photo - Dave Mason)

Il y a Stazi E8 6C...Nesscliffe psyche is still high!


Seriously good times end with the police being called...safe ;)


Campus training at home....


Enjoying rest days to the MAX on my Longboard.


After some good sessions on my longboard and training indoors, I managed to make an ascent of 'Byker Groove 7C and had a quick venture up past Stoney Middleton to check out a problem called 'Alacrity' 7C. It was unbelievably humid which proved for SUPER shitty conditions but some how I managed to pull through and stick the jug at the top. Psyched bruvlin ;)

Also just to finish 'SAM CLIMBED THE LOTUS FLOWER'!! I got a call from the lad a couple days ago with great news! When I put the phone down I got ridiculously psyched for them! Great effort lads! Hopefully I can join you next time ;)  

Here is the sweet little video that Dave put together of the Dark Room 8A

                               

No comments:

Post a Comment